Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Favorite Bookmarks. I’m not afraid to admit I’m somewhat of a bookmark hoarder — I just never feel like I have enough!
My favorites tend not to be fancy or expensive. I love going into souvenir shops when I travel and picking up the simple touristy paper bookmarks that can usually be found on the postcard racks. I do have a few other odds and ends as well, so without further ado, here’s a guide to my bookmark collection!
1. Outlander love. You didn’t actually think I’d do a TTT post that doesn’t mention my favorite book series, did you? Here’s a little magnetic Jamie and Claire, who never fail to make me smile while they’re marking my page.
2. It’s Nessie! Isn’t she cute? Not the most practical of bookmarks — she only stays in place when the book is placed carefully on my nightstand. Certainly not a good candidate for reading on the go. Still, she’s just so darn adorable! (Available from Animi Causa)
3. Sassy grandmother — the translation from Hebrew is basically: Bored? Go read a book! (Resting on a copy of Pride and Prejudice — always a good choice.)
4. A super cool leather bookmark with a glamorous masked vampire, a gift from a friend who brought this back for me from New Orleans.
5. Pretty and fancy! Silver and beads, lace and a dragonfly charm, and a golden chamsah. All gifts, all very much appreciated.
6. Travel bookmarks! Just plain paper bookmarks, but I do love bringing them home with me from everywhere I go.
7. A little Ice and Fire is always welcome…
8. This is so true. Heavy books are tough!
9. Girl Power! This bookmark is sold by She Is Booked, and all purchases support charities and women’s causes. Feel good, change the world, and get a great bookmark!
10. Couldn’t resist: Here are just a few of the random items I’ve used as bookmarks in moments of desperation. Because the first and only rule of bookmarks is… always use a bookmark! Dog-earing is for savages.
And a bonus bookmark… because I finished this post and forgot that I took a picture of my magnetic sloth in action! Everyone needs a sloth to hold their page, right?
I’m clearly not a gifted photographer, but I do love my bookmarks, and had lots of fun tracking these down from all their little hiding places around my house.
It’s your turn! Show me your bookmarks!
Or, you know, just go ahead and share your TTT link…