Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Books That Made Me Laugh Out Loud.
I know I did a similar post last year for a top 5 list, but here goes again!
(Okay, that’s more than ten… I couldn’t decide which ones to leave out!)
What books make you laugh out loud? Please share your link so I can check out your top 10!
Whoa, I’m actually doing something different! I’ve been participating in the Top Ten Tuesday meme (hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl) for years, but just wasn’t feeling the topics for the next few weeks. So this is me, shaking things up, and doing the Top 5 Tuesday meme instead! Top 5 Tuesday is hosted by Bionic Bookworm, who posts the month’s topics at the start of each month. For April, the topics are “positive, happy, motivating, and distracting” — works for me!
Today’s topic is Top 5 Books That Made Me Laugh.
Just thinking about this topic makes me happy! Here are my top 5:
1) Texts From Jane Eyre by Mallory Ortberg: Such awesome, literary silliness. (review)
2) Heads Will Roll by Kate McKinnon: Okay, this isn’t technically a book… but it’s an Audible Original production, and it’s hilarious, so that’s good enough for me. (review)
3) My Lady’s Choosing by Kitty Curran & Larissa Zageris: What could be more fun than a choose-your-own-adventure Victorian romance? It’s a blast, and it made me giggle. (review)
4) P is for Pterodactyl by Chris Carpenter: A super-fun alphabet book that’s sure to baffle and amuse all sorts of readers. I loved it.
5) A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore: I could have gone with almost any Christopher Moore book, but this one especially delights me and always makes me laugh. I mean, there are squirrel people! Among other weird things…
What books have made you laugh recently?
Please share your Top 5 links… or just share a few great recommendations!