Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Top Ten Favorite Books Of 2017.
According to Goodreads, I gave a 5-star rating to 76 books in 2017. SEVENTY-SIX. That’s a lot. So how to narrow down my top books to just 10? Here are the books I consider the best of the best from my 2017 reading — not necessarily books published in 2017; simply the books I read this past year that I loved the most. (And okay, I cheated a bit and snuck in more than 10!)
Note: If you want to know more about any of the books mentioned here, click on the links to see my reviews.
1) Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant (review)
2) La Belle Sauvage (The Book of Dust, #1) by Philip Pullman (review)
3) The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden (review)
5) How to Stop Time by Matt Haig (review)
6) Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin (review)
7) Love and Other Consolation Prizes by Jamie Ford (review)
10) Two classics that I finally tackled (and adored):
(Great Expectations reading update here)
What were your favorite reads of 2017? Please leave me your link!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!