Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Top Ten Book Covers I’d Frame As Pieces of Art. I’ve done other top 10 lists with favorite covers (and even one with scary covers) — so I’ll try to come up with 10 “work of art” book covers without repeating myself… too much.
1) The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
2) Mokoka’i by Alan Brennert
3) Impossible by Nancy Werlin
4) The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman
5) Sacré Bleu by Christopher Moore
6) Meet Me in the Moon Room by Ray Vukcevich
(I haven’t read the book, but I do love the cover!)
7) The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien (original edition with Tolkien’s cover art)
8) Any of the new series of covers for Susanna Kearsley books, especially:
9) The covers from any of the Fables series volumes, especially:
10) The Brides of Rollrock Island by Margo Lanagan
(Two different covers, and I like them both!)
If you want to see one of my earlier posts about favorite covers, check it out here. (Only 2 repeats! Not bad…)
What’s on your list this week? Share your links, and I’ll come check out your top 10!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following Bookshelf Fantasies! And don’t forget to check out our regular weekly features, Thursday Quotables and Flashback Friday. Happy reading!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!