Binge-watching during the pandemic… well, it passes the time! I’ve actually watched some great TV over the last several months, and now I need some fresh ideas.
So hey, why not turn to the hive-mind for suggestions? I’ll tell you what I’ve loved, and hopefully, you’ll tell me what to watch next. Deal?
So far, my best binges have been:
- Harry Potter movies
- Fast & the Furious movies (yes, I have a teen-aged son…)
- Jane the Virgin
- Gilmore Girls
- Schitts Creek
- Derry Girls
- Veronica Mars
- The Witcher
- Never Have I Ever
- Dead To Me
- Sex Education
I don’t like to watch:
- Police procedurals
- Hospital procedurals
- Crime, violence, gangs, drug cartels (so despite my son’s best efforts, I’m not going to watch Narcos or Queen of the South)
Series I’ve started but haven’t finished:
- Anne with an E: I enjoyed the few episodes I watched (only 3 or 4), but just haven’t been in the mood to continue
- The Vampire Diaries: I watched devotedly through season 6, then walked away. Should I go back?
- The Umbrella Academy: I watched three episodes of season 1, but I don’t really see myself continuing.
- The Outsider: I loved the book, and I thought the few episodes I watched were really good — but I just don’t think I’ve been in the right mindset for something this dark.
I’ve been thinking about watching Cursed, and I’ve been told I should watch Succession. Meanwhile, I’m watching season 1 of Supernatural in bits and pieces, but don’t feel hooked yet.
I’m open to suggestions! What have been your favorites binges during your months at home? What should I bump to the top of my to-watch list?
All ideas are welcome — ready, set, go!