It’s time for another Classics Club Spin!
Hosted by The Classics Club blog, the Classics Club Spin is a reading adventure where participants come up with a list of classics they’d like to read, number them 1 to 20, and then read the book that corresponds to the “spin” number that comes up. This will be my 5th time participating — although for the Classics Club, it’s spin #33!
Here are the dates and guidelines from the host blog:
On Sunday 19th, March, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List by the 30th April, 2023.
We’ll check in here on Sunday the 30th April to see who made it the whole way and finished their spin book!
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog before Sunday, 19th March.
- We’ll announce a number from 1-20.
- Read that book by 30th April.
These Classics Club Spins are so much fun, and such great motivation for breaking out of my normal reading routines — so of course I’m going to do it again! I’m mostly preserving my list from last time, swapping out the book I just read and one other that I’m a bit less interested in right now. As for the rest of the books on my list, I’d be happy to read any of them!
And now for the good stuff…
Here’s my list of 20 classics for the next Classics Club Spin:
- Frenchman’s Creek by Daphne DuMaurier
- Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
- An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Peony by Pearl Buck
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
- Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw
- Howards End by E. M. Forster
- The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
- Foundation by Isaac Asimov
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
- Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham
- Passing by Nella Larsen
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin
- The Sound of Waves by Yukio Mishima
- Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay
- The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
- A Night to Remember by Walter Lord
Wish me luck! I’ll post again on Sunday once the spin results are announced!
My previous Classics Club spins:
Spring 2022 (CCSpin29): The Black Moth by Georgette Heyer
Summer 2022 (CCSpin30): Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
Fall 2022 (CCSpin31): A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court by Mark Twain
Winter 2022/2023 (CCSpin32): O Pioneers! by Willa Cather