Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is a freebie, which means we each come up with whatever we feel like writing about. I decided to go with the books being adapted for TV or movies in the coming year that I’m most excited for.
This is really the golden age of TV (and movies)! At least, for book lovers it is. Here are some adaptations coming soon(ish) that I’ll want to check out:
1) Pachinko – currently airing on Apple TV, based on the book by Min Jin Lee. I don’t have Apple TV and wasn’t planning to sign up… but this is really tempting me.
2) Daisy Jones & the Six – no release date yet, but it’ll be coming to Amazon… eventually. The show started filming in fall 2021 and stars Riley Keough as Daisy and Sam Claflin as Billy. Can’t wait to see how this turns out!
3) The Time Traveler’s Wife – coming to HBO in May 2022. This is a favorite book, but I did not like the 2009 movie version, which completely missed what made the book so special. I have high hopes for this new adaptation, which stars Rose Leslie and Theo James.
4) Persuasion – a new version! I actually love the 1995 film, but I don’t hate the idea of a fresh take either. Coming to Netflix sometime in 2022, this adaptation stars Dakota Johnson and Cosmo Jarvis.
5) The Storied Life of AJ Fikry – The movie is supposedly filming now. I haven’t found a confirmed release date, but estimates are 2022 or 2023. Kunal Nayyar (of Big Bang Theory) has the lead role.
6) Killers of the Flower Moon – another one coming to Apple TV! Argh, I really may have to bite the bullet and subscribe. There isn’t a firm release date set as far as I’ve seen, but it looks like it’ll be late 2022 or early 2023.
7) House of the Dragon – Based on George R. R. Martin’s Fire & Blood, this Game of Thrones prequel series will be huge, I’m sure. Airing August 2021 on HBO… and yes, I’ll probably watch, despite the awful taste left behind by the end of GoT.
8) Where the Crawdads Sing – coming to theaters in July 2022. I’m eager to see if a movie can do justice to the characters.
9) Kindred – Absolutely yes to the adaptation of this fabulous work by the great Octavia Butler. No release date yet, but it’s being adapted for TV by FX. Find out more here.
10) An Offer From A Gentleman – Okay, yes, it’s a little soon to be hungry for season 3 of Bridgerton… but what else are we supposed to do after binging season 2?
What TV/movie adaptations are you most excited about? And what was your TTT topic this week?
Share your links, and I’ll come check out your top 10!