Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Places In Books I’d Love to Live. This was a bit of a challenge, but in the end, I have 9 places — some real, some fictional — that I’d love to at least visit, and maybe possibly live… and one place (although I’m sure I could come up with a lot more) that I definitely don’t want to go anywhere near!
1. Lallybroch: The Fraser family home in the Scottish Highlands, from Outlander. Lallybroch is fictional, but the Highlands and all of Scotland are a dream destination for me.
2. The House in the Cerulean Sea (from the book by the same name, by TJ Klune) — I love the description of the house and sea and the forest!
3. Pemberley: I’d be happy to live at Mr. Darcy’s estate forever!
4. Elfhame: From the Folk of the Air books by Holly Black, I think I’d like to at least vacation in Elfhame to see the beauty and the strangeness of the faerie kingdom — but with a great deal of caution, because they really aren’t particularly kind to mortals there.
5. Anywhere in Alaska, particularly the parts described in the Kate Shugak series by Dana Stabenow. Although maybe just in the spring and summer. Winters? Brrrrrrr.
6. Prince Edward Island: An absolute dream of mind is to visit PEI and visit all the beautiful spots described in Anne of Green Gables and Emily of New Moon!
7. Australia: I’ve never been, and I’d love to visit to see the landscapes described in books such as The Thorn Birds and The Exiles.
8. Tuscany: So many books describe this gorgeous region. My most recent read set there, My Italian Bulldozer by Alexander McCall Smith, convinced me that I need to go to see the landscapes and eat the amazing food.
9. Willow Creek, Maryland — a fictional location that hosts the amazing Renaissance Faires portrayed in Jen DeLuca’s Well Met and Well Played.
10. Please do NOT send me anywhere near the Scholomance, the school of magic in Naomi Novik’s A Deadly Education. I don’t think I’d survive even my first hour there.
What bookish locations are your dream destinations? Share your links, and I’ll come check out your top 10!