Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Books I Want To Read Again.
I’m a big fan of re-reading — sometimes to get a refresher on an ongoing series before reading a new installment, sometimes just for the pleasure of revisiting a book I’ve already loved.
Here are 10 books I’d love to read again (and for some, again and again…):
- Dune by Frank Herbert: With the movie coming out in 2021, it’s about time that I re-read Dune. I originally read the series over 20 years ago, and can’t remember much except for the terrifying sandworms.
- The Folk of the Air trilogy by Holly Black: Actually, I’m already rereading these books! I read the trilogy at the beginning of 2020, and loved them enough to now want to listen to the audiobooks.
- Mansfield Park by Jane Austen: This is the only Austen novel that I haven’t already read more than once, and I’m fuzzy on the details, so I think a re-read is in order.
- Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid: I loved Daisy Jones, and I’ve heard that the audiobook is amazing, so I’d love to check it out.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte: I’ve only read Jane Eyre once, and pretty recently at that. I think a re-read will help me appreciate it even more.
- Soulless by Gail Carriger: Ideally, I’d like to reread the entire Parasol Protectorate series. These books are so much fun.
- Mariana by Susanna Kearsley: Or really, any of a handful of books by this author, which are all so romantic and swoonworthy.
- The Toby Daye series by Seanan McGuire: I’ve re-read several of the more recent books in the series, to prep when new books were being released, but I’d seriously love to go back to the beginning and listen to all the audiobooks.
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow: One of my favorites from 2019, and such a beautiful book. I’d love to experience it all over again.
- A Witch in Time by Constance Sayers: This one was a 2020 favorite, and it was so lovely that I’d like to read it one more time.
What books do you most want to re-read?
If you wrote a TTT post, please share your link!
28 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: So nice, I’ll read them twice!”
I feel the same way about Jane Eyre.
I know there are people who re-read Jane Eyre once a year! That might be a bit much for me, but I do really want to spend more time with the book.
Great list, Lisa! I REALLY need to cross Daisy Jones & The Six off my TBR.
You’ll love it! I’ve been wanting to listen to the audiobook ever since my first read, and I hope to finally get to it SOON.
What did you think of The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow? I have this one on my wish list!
I loved it so much! It’s so beautifully written, and so different from anything else I’ve read.
Oh, that’s so good to hear. Definitely going to try get to that one in 2021.
Great list! I would love to read Dune before the show comes!
I remember that I loved the book, but it’s been SO many years since I read it!
The audio version of Daisy & The Six was amazing and I highly recommend if you do reread.
Oh, I absolutely want to re-read via audio. Everyone raves about it!
I love your title!! Ooo I’ve always wanted to read daisy Jones and the six, I’ve heard so much about it! (just the cover makes me want to ha). Hope you enjoy the reread! Here was my ttt: https://hundredsandthousandsofbooks.blog/2020/12/01/ttt-books-i-want-to-reread/
Daisy Jones is just a great book! I hope you get to it. 🙂
I should really relisten to Daisy Jones and the Six. I loved that one and I can only imagine it being better the second time around.
So many people have recommended the audiobook version! I read it in print the first time, so I’m really looking forward to listening to it.
YES! DO it! You won’t regret it!
I really need to start the Toby Daye series! Especially if its good enough for a reread😁
It’s fabulous. One of my happiest new obsessions from the past few years. 🙂
I plan to re-read Dune before the new movie as well. It is my partner’s favourite book!
Here’s my TTT
I remember loving it (and the other books in the original series), but it’s been so many years!
I think Jane Eyre is definitely worth a re-read. It’s been a few years since I read it the last time.
I’m not sure I’ve ever read Mansfield Park, I’ve probably seen a tv version at some point.
I can’t believe I haven’t read Ten Thousand Doors for the first time yet but hopefully I’ll pick it up soon, and the Parasol Protectorate is another series I’m tempted to begin as well.
The Parasol Protectorate is delightful — great for when you’re in the mood for something light and upbeat.
Dune has been recommended to me so many times. I need to finally read it.
It’s worth it! I loved it way back when when I first read it — definitely one my re-read list for 2021.
So many great choices this week! I only read Jane Eyre for the first time earlier this year, but it’s one of those books that I know I’ll be revisiting sometime soon. It’s brilliant.
I agree! I only read it for the first time in the past couple of years, but I know I’ll want to re-read it at least once, if not more!
I love jane eyre- hoping to rereading it this year!
Me too! I think maybe I’ll try audio for my next experience.