Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Books that make me hungry.
Yum. I’m not a foodie, but I do love to eat — and I love it when books I’m reading feature delicious-sounding food.
My top ten picks:
1. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han: Lara Jean is always baking, and I want to try everything!
2. The Chocolate Thief by Laura Florand: I didn’t love the book all that much, but the artisan chocolates sounded amazing.
3. Chocolat by Joanne Harris: How can I not love a book about a chocolaterie?
4. Like Water for Chocolate: Are we detecting a theme yet?
5. All These Things I’ve Done by Gabrielle Zevin: Okay, one more chocolate book! This story is set in a world where chocolate and caffeine are illegal, but there’s enough black market chocolate around to make me crave it really badly.
6. Recipe for Persuasion by Sonali Dev: The story takes place at a reality show cooking competition, and every single dish sounds amazing!
7. The Hundred-Foot Journey by Richard C. Morais: The story of a chef’s quest to establish a gourmet Indian fusion restaurant in France is full of absolutely mouth-watering descriptions of the food.
8. The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs: In times of stress, Mercy bakes… and since she’s always in the middle of some supernatural conflict or dangerous adventure, there are chocolate chip cookies and snickerdoodles galore.
9. Outlander Kitchen by Theresa Carle-Sanders: A non-fiction choice, this is actually a cookbook. If you knew me IRL, you’d think this was hilarious, since I absolutely don’t cook. So why do I have this book? Because it’s Outlander, and it’s so pretty! I really enjoy looking at all the Outlander-themed food, even if I’ll never try the recipes.
10. Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe by Jenny Colgan: There are so many Jenny Colgan books I could include here, especially since she kindly includes recipes in her food-themed books. I love this one especially because I have such a sweet tooth for baked goods, and the cupcakes in this book all sound amazing.
What’s on your TTT list this week? Please share your links!