Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Favorite Books I Read In 2019.
According to my Goodreads records for 2019, I gave a five-star rating to 63 books in 2019! So how am I supposed to narrow my list down to just ten?
Quick answer: I can’t. So, for this week’s Top 10 Tuesday, I’m sharing my 15 favorite books for 2019! (Review links are included where available — click through if you want to know more about any of these EXCELLENT books…)
- Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Reid Jenkins (review)
- Circe by Madeline Miller (review)
- A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World by C. A. Fletcher (review)
- The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson (review)
- The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal — a re-read, but I loved it all over again, so it belongs on this list! (review)
- Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery (review)
- Our War by Craig DiLouie (review)
- The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See (review)
- The Heart’s Invisible Furies by John Boyne — my final 5-star read of the year! No review yet, but I loved this book!!
- The Salt Path by Raynor Winn (review)
- Today We Go Home by Kelli Estes (review)
- The World That We Knew by Alice Hoffman (review)
- Wanderers by Chuck Wendig (review)
- Recursion by Blake Crouch (review)
- The Beka Cooper trilogy by Tamora Pierce (review)
And wait, there’s more! After posting, I realized that I left off another book that was definitely a favorite book of 2019, and I just couldn’t let it go!
16. The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow (review) — I’m not sure how I missed this amazing book when I put my list together! Whew, I feel better now.
What were your favorite books of 2019? Share your links, and I’ll come check out your top 10!