Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is a Halloween freebie! For past Halloween freebies, I’ve done lists about witches and lists about ghosts, as well as some really icky, gross horror novels. This time, I thought I’d keep it simple and just list a bunch of horror novels on my to-read list that I really do need to get around to reading! (Too late to read them in time for this Halloween, but there’s always next year!)
To top ten to-read horror books are:
- We Sold Our Souls by Grady Hendrix
- Needful Things by Stephen King
- A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay
- Blackbirds by Chuck Wendig
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland
- We Are Where the Nightmares Go by C. Robert Cargill
- Full Throttle and Strange Weather by Joe Hill (okay, those are two separate books, but since they’re both story collections by Joe Hill, I’m counting them as one!)
- Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky
- The Hunger by Alma Katsu
- The Terror by Dan Simmons
Have you read any of these? Which one should I read first?
So what’s on your Halloween TTT this week? Share your link, please, and I’ll come check out your top 10!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I host a Book Blog Meme Directory, and I’m always looking for new additions! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info.