Happy New Year! Welcome to 2019!
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Best Books I Read In 2018.
According to Goodreads, I gave a 5-star rating to 73 books in 2018, and a 4-star rating to 83. That makes 156 books that I pretty much loved. Yowza, what a year! I don’t think I can limit myself to just 10 books here… so I’ll highlight a few, include a few others by category, and see how it all works out…
Here are (just a few of) my favorites from 2018:
1) Powerful family drama set in Alaska: The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah (review)
2) Two views of an an ancient classic: The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller and The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker (review)
4) A surprising moving short novel by Stephen King: Elevation (review)
5) Amazing woman-power science fiction: The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal (review)
6) Action/adventure with THE BEST heroic duo: Hope Never Dies by Andrew Shaffer (review)
7) New books in beloved series:
8) Deliciously fun contemporary romance:
9) Intriguing story collections:
10) A couple of classics that I finally read!
What were your favorite reads of 2018? Please leave me your link!
Wishing one and all a terrific new year filled with wonderful books!