Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week… but I was away and missed Tuesday this week! Since I really like this topic, I thought I’d post anyway, even though I’m a few days behind schedule.
This week’s topic is Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2017. I always love discovering new favorites — here are my top 10 for 2017:
Note: If you want to know more about any of the books mentioned here, click on the links to see my reviews.
1) Georgette Heyer: I’m SO late to the party, but I finally read my first Georgette Heyer novel, then read 3 more and stocked up on bunches to read in 2018.
3) Sarah Gailey: The hippo books I never knew I needed! Find out more here.
4) Robert Kirkwood: I became hooked on The Walking Dead this year, first binge-watching the TV show and then binge-reading the comic series (28 volumes and counting!).
5) Jenny Colgan: Author of sweet, touching romances… both of these set in Scotland, an added bonus.
6) Nnedi Okorafor: The Binti books are amazing, and I really enjoyed Lagoon as well.
7) Amor Towles: My book group enjoyed our discussion of Rules of Civility so much that we’re planning to read A Gentleman in Moscow next.
8) James S. A. Corey: After becoming a fan of The Expanse on Syfy, I decided to give the books a try. Three books later (Leviathan Wakes, Caliban’s War, Abaddon’s Gate), I’m definitely hooked and ready for more.
9) Robin Benway: Far From the Tree was so moving! I’d really like to read more by this author.
10) Ron Chernow: My big, crazy, unexpected reading achievement was reading Alexander Hamilton… and really enjoying it! I’d love to read Chernow’s new book about Grant too.
What a great year for trying out new-to-me authors! I can’t wait to see who I’ll meet in 2018.
Which authors did you discover in 2017? Please leave me your link!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!