Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Ten Characters I’d Name A Child/Dog/Cat/Car/Etc. After — which strikes me as a really funny topic, but, hey, I’m game!
As I already have all the kids I intend to have and am not in the market for any fur (or fin) babies, I’ll just focus on character names which I think are cute or clever or cool or funny enough to become the NEXT BIG THING in baby and pet names.
- Demelza – inspired by the Poldark series of books by Winston Graham
- Marsali – inspired by Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series
- Cosette – inspired by Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- Minerva – in honor of my favorite Hogwarts professor, thanks to Harry Potter and J. K. Rowling
- Rhett – inspired by Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
- Tyrion – inspired by A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin
- Quentin – inspired by The Magicians by Lev Grossman
- Roland – inspired by The Dark Tower series by Stephen King
- A dog named Rollo – inspired, once again, by the Outlander series
- Three bearded dragon lizards, named Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion – another inspiration from the world of GRRM
- Two fish (preferably big ones) names Ishmael and Queequeg – inspired by Moby Dick by Herman Melville
Oops! I realize that’s more than 10…
What character names do you think would be awesome people/pet names? Share your link, please, and I’ll come check out your top 10!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following Bookshelf Fantasies! And don’t forget to check out my regular weekly features, Shelf Control and Thursday Quotables. Happy reading!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I host a Book Blog Meme Directory, and I’m always looking for new additions! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!