Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week, leading up to Halloween, I’m focusing on ten books about witches… some cute, some not so much, some the real deal, and some the wrongly accused. What do they have in common? They’re all about witches… and they’re all pretty awesome.
Witches for kids:
1) Old Black Witch by Wende and Harry Devlin
2) The Witches by Roald Dahl
3) The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
4) The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling (Hi, Hermione!!)
Falsely accused witches:
5) The Crucible by Arthur Miller
6) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon: Yes, there’s a witch trial! And no, Claire may be a time traveler with special healing powers, but a witch, she ain’t.
7) A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
8) The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe
Fairy tale witches:
9) Wicked by Gregory Maguire
10) Fables, volume 10: The Witches by Bill Willingham
And an extra one, just for fun..
Whether on TV or in comic book form, there’s no denying that Willow is one awesome witch!
Are you ready for Halloween yet?
Share your links, and I’ll come check out your top 10!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following Bookshelf Fantasies! And don’t forget to check out our regular weekly feature, Thursday Quotables. Happy reading!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!