Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is about hotly awaited sequels… the ones that keep us jumping and down in crazy anticipation.
My choices fall into two general categories:
Sequels coming soon… and we already know when:
By release date:
1) Symbiont by Mira Grant (sequel to Parasite… ick!) – to be released 11/25/2014
2) The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion (sequel to The Rosie Project) – to be released 12/30/2014
3) Dead Heat (Alpha & Omega series, #4) by Patricia Briggs – to be released 3/3/2015
4) Epitaph by Mary Doria Russell (sequel to Doc) – to be released 3/3/2015
5a) Fables, volume 21 by Bill Willingham – to be released 3/3/2015
5b) Fables, volume 22 (6/2015) … which I’m not really eager for because IT’S THE LAST IN THE SERIES! I’m seriously upset about Fables coming to an end.
6) Prudence by Gail Carriger – to be released 3/17/2015 (I know, I know: Technically, this isn’t a sequel — it’s the start of a brand-new series — The Custard Protocol — but since it follows The Parasol Protectorate series, I’m saying it counts!)
7) Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray (sequel to The Diviners) – to be released 4/1/2015… although at this point, it’s been so long since I’ve read The Diviners, I’m not sure how much I really care about continuing with the series.
Since I’m not convinced that I actually want to read Lair of Dreams, I’m including an alternate #7:
7) Stiletto by Daniel O’Malley (sequel to The Rook) – to be released 7/1/2015
Sequels coming eventually… but no actual date has been announced:
8) Peace Talks by Jim Butcher (#16 in the Dresden Files series).
9) The Winds of Winter by George R. R. Martin (#6 in A Song of Ice and Fire)
And last, but not least — and certainly the book that I want to read more than any others on this list (but too bad it’s not written yet!):
10) Untitled 9th book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
OK, yes, my top 10 list has 12 books on it… but the more the merrier!
Did any of mine make your list? What sequels are you most eager to read?
Share your links, and I’ll come check out your top 10!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following Bookshelf Fantasies! And don’t forget to check out our regular weekly feature, Thursday Quotables. Happy reading!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!