Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is the top ten books on our fall to-be-read lists.
Only ten? My TBR list is ridiculously long. My goal this fall is to catch up on books I’ve been meaning to read for ages now, so some of these are probably on the older side. Here are the top 10 books I want to bump to the head of the line this fall:
1 & 2) Two by Stephen King: Mr. Mercedes (released this past June) and Revival (coming in November.
3 & 4) Two by Jojo Moyes: Me Before You and The Ship of Brides
5) What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
6) The Undertaking of Lily Chen by Danica Novgorodoff
7) Some graphic novel/comic catch-up is needed. I’d like to make sure to devote time to at least one of these two series:
- The Unwritten series by Mike Carey
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 9 by Joss Whedon et. al.
8) Horns by Joe Hill. Perfect for Halloween, and a must-read before the movie version is released. Plus, Horns is the October pick for Fields & Fantasies Book Club!
9) The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion
10) At least one of three possible non-fiction books — because I almost never read non-fiction, and I really should branch out. (Plus, I’ve had these on my shelf forever, it seems):
- 1776 by David McCullough
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
- Notes from a Small Island by Bill Bryson
Oh, no! I finished my list of 10 (and then some), and realized I left one off that I’m definitely planning to read:
So I guess this makes this a top 10+ list!
What books are you most looking forward to reading this fall?
Share your links, and I’ll come check out your top 10!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following Bookshelf Fantasies! And don’t forget to check out our regular weekly feature, Thursday Quotables. Happy reading!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!