Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week.
This week’s theme is Top Ten Books At The Top Of My Summer TBR (To-Be-Read) List. I splurged quite a bit this spring on brand new books (thanks especially to some extraordinarily well-timed gift cards — hurray for gift cards!). Unfortunately, my reading has not kept up with my buying, so most of those lovely new books are still sitting on my shelf, waiting… waiting… waiting…
I just had to buy these books — and I’m hoping to settle down with at least a few (if not all) of these this summer. Here are the top 10 books that I’m really dying to read in the coming months:
1) The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
2) The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
3) Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
4) A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
5) The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley
6) Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
7) Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick
8) Joyland by Stephen King
9) Billy Lynn’s Long Half-Time Walk by Ben Fountain
10) Saga, volumes 1 & 2 by Brian K. Vaughan
What’s at the top of your summer reading list?
Have you voted in my vacation reading poll yet? Rather than pick my own reading material for my upcoming trip, I thought I’d let everyone else do it for me! Here’s the link to see the options and cast your vote. Choose wisely! Whichever books get the most votes by Friday are going straight into my suitcase.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following Bookshelf Fantasies. Thanks for stopping by!