Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is:
Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read in 2013
I’ve done a few blog posts already about my reading intentions for 2013, including my reading resolutions and my participation in a reading challenge focused on reading books languishing on the ubiquitous “TBR” (to-be-read) shelf. Bearing those in mind, but thinking also about what I just really, really want to read in 2012, here goes:
The ten books I absolutely, positively want to read in 2013 are:
1. The Round House by Louise Erdrich
2. Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
3. Written In My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon (This is the only one either not yet published or without a definite release date, but the author’s website says “fall 2013” — good enough for me!)
4. Tempest Reborn by Nicole Peeler
5. Dreamers of the Day by Mary Doria Russell
6. The Child’s Child by Barbara Vine
7. The Crane’s Dance by Meg Howrey
8. Other Kingdoms by Richard Matheson
9. Mariana by Susanna Kearsley
10. Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs
Granted, some of these aren’t much of a stretch for me. Three are new entries in series that I already read, and one is the beginning of a new series by an author I adore. Others are by authors who have written at least one other book that I’ve read and enjoyed. Still, given that I intend to read LOTS and LOTS of books in 2013, I think I can safely commit to including these ten.
What are you excited to read in 2013?
HAPPY NEW YEAR! May your reading year be filled with joy!