Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is The First Ten Books I Reviewed — and while the description for the topic leaves it up to the individual whether to include formal reviews or blurbs online or simple reactions, well, anywhere, I thought I’d focus on my very first ten book review posts from when I started blogging. Yeah, I’d probably write most of them a bit differently now, all these years later, but it is kind of fun to look back and remember the books that excited me all those years ago!
My first ten reviews:
1) Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness (review)
2) Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (review)
3) Talullah Rising (The Last Werewolf, #2) by Glen Duncan (review)
4) Heading Out to Wonderful by Robert Goolrick (review)
5) The Revisionists by Thomas Mullen (review)
6) Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler and Maira Kalman (review)
7) Magic For Beginners by Kelly Link (review)
8) Ocean’s Surrender by Denise Townsend (review)
9) Some Kind of Fairy Tale by Graham Joyce (review)
10. Ashfall by Mike Mullin (review)
What were your earliest reviews? Please share your links!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!