It’s time for another Classics Club Spin!
Hosted by The Classics Club blog, the Classics Club Spin is a reading adventure where participants come up with a list of classics they’d like to read, number them 1 to 20, and then read the book that correponds to the “spin” number that comes up. This will be my 4th time participating — although for The Classics Club, it’s spin #32!
Here are the dates and guidelines from the host blog:
On Sunday 11th, December, we’ll post a number from 1 through 20. The challenge is to read whatever book falls under that number on your Spin List by the 29th January, 2023.
We’ll check in here on Sunday the 29th January, 2023 to see who made it the whole way and finished their spin book!
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog before Sunday, 11th December.
- We’ll announce a number from 1-20.
- Read that book by 29th January, 2023.
I’ve had so much fun with my previous CCSpin experiences, so of course I’m going to do it again! I’m going back to my list from last time, and other than replacing the book I just read, I’m going to leave the rest of my list as is. I’d be happy to read any of these!
And now for the good stuff…
Here’s my list of 20 classics for my 4th Classics Club Spin:
- Frenchman’s Creek by Daphne DuMaurier
- Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
- An Old-Fashioned Girl by Louisa May Alcott
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- Peony by Pearl Buck
- O Pioneers! by Willa Cather
- Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw
- Howards End by E. M. Forster
- The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie
- I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
- Foundation by Isaac Asimov
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
- Herland by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- The Painted Veil by W. Somerset Maugham
- Passing by Nella Larsen
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin
- The Sound of Waves by Yukio Mishima
- Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay
- The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
- Pale Horse, Pale Rider by Katherine Porter
Wish me luck! I’ll post again on Sunday once the spin results are announced!
My previous Classics Club spins: