Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Love Freebie, which means we all put our own spin on the topic of LOVE.
Just like I did for the February Love Freebie TTT posts in 2020 and 2021, I’m going to keep it simple and highlight my ten favorite love stories that I read in the past year:
1. Heartstopper graphic novels by Alice Oseman: I just want to give the main characters all the hugs! These books are sweet and funny and also heart-breaking at times.
2. The Matzah Ball by Jean Meltzer: Reading a romance novel with a Jewish holiday as its central plot point was so much fun.
3. Incense and Sensibility by Sonali Dev: I’m loving this author’s series of Austen adaptations! (Next one will be an Emma retelling, and I can’t wait!)
4. Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone by Diana Gabaldon: You didn’t think I’d write a list of favorite love stories and not include Outlander, did you? There’s SO much going on in this book — battles and danger and journeys and more — but Jamie and Claire’s love story is still the heart and soul of the series.
5. Winter’s Orbit by Everina Maxwell: A terrific science fiction adventure with a compelling romance at its center.
6. All the Feels by Olivia Dade: Another fun, steamy romance set in the same fanfic-centric world as Spoiler Alert.
7. People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry: I loved this friends-to-lovers-to-not-friends-to-lovers tale! It’s quirky and funny and sincere, and just so much fun.
8. The Stand-In by Lily Chu: I had a great time listening to this audiobook, about an ordinary woman introduced to the glamorous world of movie stars, and finding love along the way.
9. Donut Fall in Love by Jackie Lau: Another falling-in-love-with-a-celebrity romance, but with baked goods!! I mean, how could I possibly resist?
10. The Sweetest Remedy by Jane Igharo: A lovely story about family and connection and yes, finding true love.
What were the best love stories you read during the past year?
If you wrote a TTT post this week, please share your link and let me know your topic!
And PS – Happy (early) Valentine’s Day!
And PPS — Since this post is going up on February 8th…
Happy Anniversary to us! 24 years ago today, my husband and I said “I do” in a cute little wedding chapel in Reno, Nevada!
36 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: It’s all above LOVE… My ten favorite love stories from this past year of reading (new & improved for 2022)”
I love that Winter’s Orbit is on your list. I am determined to read it this month!
Oh, yay! It’s so good! It took me a year from the time I got a copy until I actually started it, and I was so annoyed with myself for waiting. 🙂 I hope you enjoy it!
Charlie and Nick are just so adorable. I’ll be sad when Heartstopper’s over.
Me too! Only one more left to go 😦
I’m glad you liked The Matza Ball so much!
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-helpful-nonfiction-books-about-relationships/
There were definitely aspects that made me roll my eyes, but overall, it was a really fun read!
I need to get to All the Feels. I love that it made your list.
Have you read Spoiler Alert! It really appealed to my inner fangirl. 🙂
Yes, I have! I loved it.
Love your choices! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Thank you, and Happy Valentine’s Day to you too!
Such a fun list. I loved the Matzah Ball, too.
Such a fun one! I’m looking forward to her next book!
I have got to find the time to read Heartstopper! Great list, going to check out several of these.
Heartstopper is so sweet and so well done!!
Happy Anniversary! I really enjoyed the romance in Winter’s Orbit as well😁
I loved how it balanced the romance with the sci fi aspects.
A lot of good looking books here! I love Austen adaptations so I will be keeping an eye out for those!
Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/02/08/top-10-tuesday-15/ (my TTT post!)
I’ve really enjoyed them all so far!
Excellent 😊 I read a bad retelling of Emma. I’m not often disappointed but it was awful. I got so bored!
I’ve definitely read my share of bad Austen retellings! The Sonali Dev books, fortunately, are really well done!
There is something that you just can’t replicate with her books. I will be keeping an eye out for these though!
All The Feels was a fave of mine! I need to read more books by Olivia Dade for sure.
Genesis @ Whispering Chapters
I’d like to as well! I hope she’ll be writing more in the same world.
Great list! The only one I’ve read is People We Meet on Vacation!
That was a good one! I’m looking forward to her next book.
I forgot to add…happy anniversary! 💖💖
Great list! I want to read Heartstopper 📚
It’s so sweet!!
I love this list! Heart stopper looks so good!! I’ll have to give it a go😍 Here’s my TTT if you’re interested ☺️ https://hundredsandthousandsofbooks.blog/2022/02/08/ttt-queer-books-coming-out-in-2022-id-love-to-read/ Happy TTT!
Heartstopper is just so lovely and sweet — I hope you give it a try!
Nice to see Gabaldon on here – I also had the Outlander.
Jamie and Claire for the win!! 🙂
Pingback: Sunday Post | Budget Tales Book Blog