Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Fictional Crushes — which I just wasn’t all that into as a topic. So instead, I’m going to focus on characters I’d want to hang out with and maybe even become best friends with — ten fictional character who I admire, would want to spend time with, or who might make me laugh non-stop.
- Claire Fraser (Outlander series): Claire is just a strong, smart woman who never backs down from a challenge. She’s my hero!
- October Daye (October Daye series by Seanan McGuire): This mostly-fae changeling always ends up covered in blood, which might not always be great… but she’s a brave knight of the realm who’s also a fierce friend and protects everyone she loves. Plus, she’s really funny.
- Mercy Thompson (series by Patricia Briggs): Apparently, I’m just listing the main characters of my favorite series… but they’re my favorites for a reason! I love Mercy’s devotion to her pack and her mate, her inability to back down when the people she loves are threatened, and her awesome skills as a mechanic. She’s just amazing.
- Linus Baker (The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune): I love Linus (and really, all the characters in this book) so much. He’s kind and sweet and determined to make a difference.
- Nicky Bell (The Extraordinaries by TJ Klune): Sticking with an author who creates lovable characters… Nicky is funny and brave and soooooo huggable. Of course, he would just see me as an annoying old person, but I’d love to tag along on a day in Nicky’s life just to see him in action. He cracks me up.
- Lord John Grey (Outlander series): Lord John is brave and devoted, and he’s also really funny. He’s someone I’d like to just hang out and talk with for a while.
- Baz Grimm-Pitch (Simon Snow series): I just love Baz so much, and think he would be so interesting to spend a day with.
- Rocky (Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir): Sure, there’s the whole communication issue, but I loved meeting Rocky and think they’d make an awesome best friend.
- Eloise Bridgerton (Bridgerton series by Julia Quinn): Book Eloise is pretty cool, but I really love Eloise from the Bridgerton series on Netflix. She’s spiky and spunky and outspoken, and seems like she’d be so much fun to run around with on the edges of upper crust society.
- Pounce (Day Zero by C. Robert Cargill): Another non-human BFF, but who could resist? Pounce is a tiger-style nannybot who has to decide between love for the child he raises and loyalty to the robot uprising. Pounce is fierce and loyal and full of love, and I’d love to curl up for a snuggle with him (knowing that if bad guys sneak up, he’ll have my back).
So, that’s my somewhat silly list of fictional characters I’d want as my friends. And if I had more time and more room, I’m sure I could come up with at least another ten!
What characters are on your TTT list this week? Please share your links!
20 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: My fictional BFFs”
Linus is a good choice!
My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-quotes-about-crushes/
He’s so lovable! That’s a book I need to reread. 🙂
Claire Fraser and Linus would both make amazing best friends! I’d feel safe with Claire ready to stitch me up if I had an accident (which I am very prone to!) and I feel like I would have the best sleep overs with Linus!
And Claire would always have a handy stash of penicillin available, just in case!
He’s such a sweetie. 🙂
He really is!
I wasn’t that into the topic either, I decided to make a list of favourite actors instead 😂
That sounds like a fun choice!
I don’t think I have met any of your friends.
I twisted this week’s topic as well. When you get the chance, I hope you can stop by my post and check it out: https://readbakecreate.com/characters-i-would-love-to-have-a-drink-with/
Thanks for sharing your link!
Great list! I love seeing Rocky and Pounce on here. They are oh so different but both so lovable 😁
Pounce made an indelible impression on me. 🙂
Rocky is…everything. 🙂
Great twist on the topic! My list is here: https://fiftytwo.blog/2021/08/31/ttt-fictional-crushes/
Rocky is amazing. 🙂
What a fun meme! I’m embarrassed to admit I don’t know these characters, but I love the idea of picking bffs from what we’ve read. 🙂
I couldn’t get into the “official” topic of fictional crushes, but there are plenty of characters I’d love to hang out with and go on adventures with!
Ah I love Linus and baz!!! Also really liked Eloise bridgerton
All such great characters!!