Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Love Freebie, which means we all put our own spin on the topic of LOVE.
I thought I’d keep it simple, and highlight my ten favorite love stories that I read in the past year:
1. Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory: A love story where the main characters are in their 50s and HOT? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!
2. Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston: Sticking with the royal theme — just such an adorable story.
3. The Flatshare by Beth O’Leary: A super cute set-up with great follow-through.
4. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid. Just breathtaking.
5. The Unkindest Tide by Seanan McGuire. Okay, technically not a love story… but this urban fantasy series includes one of my favorite fictional couples, Toby and Tybalt, so it counts!
6. The Dinner List by Rebecca Searle: This is another that’s not an obvious choice, but there is a love story at the heart of this unusual novel, and its power grows over the course of the book.
7. Marilla of Green Gables by Sarah McCoy: Yes, true, this also isn’t a love story exactly… but this outstanding prequel to Anne of Green Gables features a truly poignant, sad tale of unfulfilled love that absolutely broke my heart.
8. Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Henry: I know many fans of this author duo didn’t adore this book, but I did! I thought it was sweet and charming and just right for me.
9. The Summer series by Jenny Han: Not quite as wonderful as the Lara Jean books, but still sweet and touching.
10. Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center: Powerful and moving.
There you have it! But enough about me… What were the best love stories you read during the past year?
If you wrote a TTT post this week, please share your link and let me know your topic!
And PS – Happy (early) Valentine’s Day!