Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is New-to-Me Authors I Read In 2018.
Looking back, I see that I spent a big chunk of my reading time in 2018 with authors already familiar (and much loved), but I did manage to try a bunch of new ones too. Here’s a selection of my favorites:
1) Kristin Hannah — loved The Great Alone! I just picked up a copy of Firefly Road to try next.
2) Christina Lauren — who would have thought I’d enjoy their contemporary romances so much?
3) Susan Orlean – The Library Book was fascinating. Must read The Orchid Thief!
4) Celeste Ng – I read Little Fires Everywhere with my book group, and am looking forward to reading Everything I Never Told You.
5) Josh Malerman — Unbury Carol was so strange and wonderful. I’ve read another book and a novel by him so far in 2019, and can’t wait for his new book, Inspection, coming out this spring.
6) Madeline Miller — The Song of Achilles was beautiful. Can’t wait to read Circe with my book group this summer.
7) Jennifer Ryan – I loved The Chilbury Ladies’ Choir, which was a debut novel. I hope this talented author releases another book soon — her writing is terrific!
8) Jenny Han – Got totally hooked on the Lara Jean books after watching To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before on Netflix. Should I read her other books too?
9) Neal Shusterman — how had I not heard of him before? I loved Scythe and Thunderhead, and thought Dry was pretty good as well.
10) Jasmine Guillory — yet another contemporary romance writer. I read two of her books in 2018. Between those and the Christina Lauren, maybe I need to stop saying that I don’t read romance?
Are you a fan of any of these new-to-me authors? Are there any of their works that you’d particularly recommend?