Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Authors I’d Love to Meet. I could probably go on and on with this topic, but here are the top 10 on my mind right now, starting with favorite authors whom I’ve never seen in person:
1. Seanan McGuire: I’ve loved her books for quite a while, but this year I totally binged on the October Daye and InCryptids series, as well as the Newsflesh books by her alter ego Mira Grant. Sadly, I ended up out of town for a weekend in September when she was doing a signing event at a local bookstore, but since she’s incredibly prolific (I suspect she doesn’t sleep), I’m hoping it won’t be a long wait until there’s another book launch event to attend.
2. John Scalzi: Love, love, love his writing, and definitely need to read more.
3. Katherine Arden: I adored The Bear and the Nightingale and The Girl in the Tower, and can’t wait for the trilogy wrap-up in 2019.
4. Amy Stewart: The Kopp Sisters rule! Her historical fiction is so much fun, and so full of terrific female characters straight out of history.
5. Jim Butcher: I’m a big Dresden fan, and loved Codex Alera and The Aeronaut’s Windlass too.
6. Jojo Moyes: Her books always move and inspire me.
7. Lisa See: I was fascinated by The Teagirl of Hummingbird Lane, and have enjoyed many of her books over the years. I’d love to hear her speak and learn more about her writing and research process.
8. Lisa Genova: Her books tackles such fascinating medical conditions. She’s another author I’d like to hear talk about inspiration, medical research, and the conditions she clearly cares so much about.
9. Dana Stabenow: I love the Kate Shugak series, and really enjoy reading this author’s blog posts on writing, general topics, and life in Alaska!
I’ll wrap up with an author whom I had the pleasure to meet once already, back in 2014 when Written in My Own Heart’s Blood was released — but I’d love to see her again (and again and again):
10: Diana Gabaldon: Author extraordinaire of the Outlander series!
Yes, I met her! What an amazing day!
Have you met any of the authors on my list? Which authors would you most want to meet? Please share your TTT link!
22 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Ten authors I’d love to meet”
Seanan McGuire is amazing! I hope you get to meet her soon. I’ve met her 2 times now and I just love hearing her talk-shop. She’s so inspiring.
You’re so lucky to have met her! Her writing is so terrific — I’d love to hear her talk about it.
I’ve met one of my favourites, Maria V Snyder, she is an amazing writer and alovely person.
Isn’t it great when you meet a favorite author and they turn out to be a great person?
Yes it really is 😀
Seanan McGuire is a popular pick today and I wouldn’t mind meeting her as well. Hoping to pick up my second book by her this month.
Which book are you picking up? There are no bad choices… 🙂
Down Among the Sticks and Bones.
I love that one!
Yay, that’s great to hear!
These are great choices, Lisa! And you met Diana Gabaldon! ♥️
I actually planned a weekend away just so I could be at a big book event of hers! My family thought I was ridiculous, but I was in 7th heaven.
Aw, you’ve reminded me I bought the first book in Amy Stewart’s historical series and haven’t yet read them. Here’s hoping I remedy this soon! 🙂
I hope so — they’re so good!
I would love to meet Jojo Moyes! I love that photo of you and Diana Gabaldon! 🙂
Arden definitely looks someone to be best pals with 🙂
Definitely! I’d love to hear more about how she writes, her inspirations, and what else she’ll be working on!
I’d love to meet so many of these too! But I’m painfully shy and would probably be better off staying home. lol That’s so awesome about Gabaldon! I really would love to meet Seanan but I’d also probably die. hahaha
Ugh, it’s always the same for me — I go to author events and I’m super excited, and then I get to the front of the line and stammer out “wow, I love your writing!” or something equally lame. 🙂 But at least I get some good pictures and signed books!
I wish even I could meet Jojo Moyes. I love her writing! Which among the books written by her, you like the most?
I’ve enjoyed so many! I think I’d choose on of her older one, Ship of Brides, as a favorite. The setting and the characters are so memorable!