Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Books On My Fall 2018 TBR. So much to choose from! It’s hard to narrow my list down to just 10… but here are ten books, mostly new and upcoming releases, that I’m really looking forward to reading during the next few months. (Click on any of the book cover images to see larger versions.)
- Elevation by Stephen King: Never a bad time for new Stephen King!
- Time’s Convert by Deborah Harkness: A new story in the world of the All Souls books.
- Lethal White by Robert Galbraith (J. K. Rowling): This series is so good!
- Someone Like Me by M. R. Carey: Definitely up for a new book by the author of The Girl With All The Gifts.
- Pride by Ibi Zoboi: Sounds like an amazing, fresh retelling of Pride and Prejudice.
- Someday by David Levithan: I loved Every Day; can’t wait for more of the story.
- Dry by Neal Shusterman: Having just discovered Scythe a few months ago, I’m dying to try more by this author.
- And Their Ocean Was Our Sky by Patrick Ness: Sounds like an upside-down version of Moby Dick, told from the whales’ perspective. Maybe? The synopses I’ve read aren’t crystal clear, and I only just realized now that this is an illustrated book. Maybe a graphic novel? I actually have no idea, but I’m intrigued anyway.
- Pulp by Robin Talley: This author’s books are always powerful, and the premise sounds fascinating.
- The Sisters of the Winter Wood by Rena Rossner: Folklore/fairy tale — sounds amazing, and I love the cover!
What books are you most excited to read this fall? Please share your TTT link!
26 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 books on my TBR list for fall 2018”
I have Dry on my list too!! Happy Reading ❤
Thanks! I’m so excited to try another Neal Shusterman book, now that I’ve read Scythe and Thunderhead.
Challenger Deep, great book by Shusterman. National Book Award winner.
On my TBR list! I actually just got a copy… now to find time to read it. 🙂
So many books!! I’m not sure how I’ll ever read everything:-) I completely forgot about Sisters of the Winter Wood and Elevation, they look amazing!
I know what you mean — I get book anxiety just thinking about how many books I want to read in the next few months. 🙂
I am SO EXCITED for Pride! I love a good Jane Austen retelling. Great list of books! 🙂
Oh, me too — and I’m always so impressed when an author manages to translate Austen into a contemporary setting and makes it actually make sense!
Great list! I haven’t decided if I’m going to read Pulp yet because, unfortunately, I’ve liked each of Talley’s books a little less since her debut. I do want more queer women, though, especially in YA, so I probably will end up checking it out at some point. I hope you enjoy all of these! 😀
Now that you mention it, I’m not sure that I’ve read more of Talley’s work beyond her debut. I know I picked up at least one… but it’s possible that I’ve only read her first book! Still, I like the sound of Pulp, so I’m eager to give it a try.
I’ll be interested to see what you make of Someday. 🙂
I’m just hoping I remember enough from the previous books to be able to enjoy it!
I just added Sister of the Winter Wood to my TBR and can’t believe more people aren’t talking about it because it sounds wonderful.
I’m so excited to read it!
Stephen King has another book coming out… when does he not have one, I swear! I’ll never be able to catch up haha! Great list! 🙂
I don’t think it’s humanly possible to catch up with Stephen King! 🙂 But I’ll keep trying.
Haha, I think you’re right! But, like you I’m going to keep on trying!
I love these choices, Lisa! I am interested in your thoughts on all of them! Especially the Leviathan and The Sisters of Winter Wood.
Thanks so much! I’m excited for all, so I just need to make sure I stick with them all once I finally have them in my hands.
Great list – There are so many books here I want to read 🙂 I’m definitely going to check out the Stephen King, M. R. Carey and Deborah Harkness books.
Happy reading to you too! My copy of the Deborah Harkness book arrived yesterday… but naturally, I’m already in the middle of something else, so it’ll have to wait a few more days. 🙂
That’s what usually happens to me with library books. Something I’ve been waiting for for ages arrives right when I’m in the middle of reading something really long. At least it’s something to look forward to though 🙂
Many of these are on my TBR too! Really looking forward to the Carey and the new Shusterman.
Ooh, yes, Carey books have been good to me so far! 🙂
You’re giving me some great reading ideas – but what to do when my list is already so long? I love seeing all these covers next to each other. Makes me want to hide in a room all weekend and read!
Me too! (and maybe I will…) Three of these arrived in my house over the past two days — one I ordered, one from the library, and one ARC. I don’t know where to even start!