Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Books That Take Place In Another Country.
I love learning more about countries around the world through fiction. Here are 10 great books with non-US settings:
- Scotland – the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon
- Japan – The Ginger Tree by Oswald Wynd
- Kenya – A Spear of Summer Grass by Deanna Raybourn (review)
- Italy – The Light in the Ruins by Chris Bohjalian (review)
- Israel – Eagle in the Sky by Wilbur Smith
- India – Sister of My Heart by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
- Iceland – Burial Rites by Hannah Kent (review)
- Yemen – Henna House by Nomi Eve (review)
- Canada (Newfoundland) – The Day the World Came to Town by Jim DeFede (review)
- England – Poldark series by Winston Graham
What are your favorite books from around the world? Please share your links!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!