Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is another freebie, so I thought I’d dig into my history as a reader and focus on the 10 books that represent various reading firsts for me.
1) My first romance novel: The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss
2) My first classic that I read just for “fun”: Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
3) The first poetry book I ever bought: Circles on the Water by Marge Piercy
4) The first Shakespeare play I ever read: Romeo and Juliet
5) The first history book I read that wasn’t for school: Vietnam by Stanley Karnow
6) The first book my husband ever told me about: Letters from Thailand by Botan (and check out our bookish romance, here)
7) The first book series I read out loud in its entirety: Harry Potter, which I read to my son a couple of years ago, over the span of 10 months
8) The first book that introduced me to the Scottish Highlands: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (hey, it’s been at least a few weeks since I’ve mentioned Outlander in a blog post, so I’m overdue)
9) The first book I read twice in a row: The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
10) The first vampire book that made me swoon: Interview With the Vampire by Anne Rice
What’s your TTT topic this week? Please share your link!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I host a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!