Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Ten Books I’ve Added To My To-Be-Read List Lately. My TBR list seems to grow and grow, almost by magic! In no particular order, here are ten books I’ve added in the last month or so:
1)Unmentionable: The Victorian Lady’s Guide to Sex, Marriage, and Manners by Therese Oneill: A non-fiction book actually makes my TBR! A look at the nitty gritty details of Victorian women’s lives sounds too good to miss.
2) The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan: A friend just recommended this one, and I have to admit, it sounds perfect for me.
3) The Taxidermist’s Daughter by Kate Mosse: I just happened to pick this book up when there was a Kindle price drop. The description says it’s “a chilling and spooky Gothic historical thriller “. Works for me.
4) Extreme Makeover by Dan Wells: Creepy, satirical sci fi. I love the description – can’t wait to see if the book lives up to its billing.
5) The Sleepwalker by Chris Bohjalian: Okay, I’ll read anything by this author at this point.
6) Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman: Yes, please.
7) Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire: A follow up to Every Heart a Doorway, which was one of my very favorite things this year.
8) Lady Cop Makes Trouble by Amy Stewart: Book 2 about the Kopp Sisters, after the terrific Girl Waits With Gun. I won this in a giveaway, and have been waiting for the right moment to dive in.
9) What Light by Jay Asher: A new book by the author of Thirteen Reasons Why. Tissue box is ready, so let me at it.
10) Good Morning, Midnight by Lily Brooks-Dalton: I’m not sure that I know what this book is about, but I’ve read enough of the synopsis to be intrigued.
Have you read any of my TBR books already? What books made your list this week?
Share your links, and I’ll come check out your top 10!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following Bookshelf Fantasies! And don’t forget to check out my regular weekly feature, Thursday Quotables. Happy reading!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!