Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year. Since I don’t have a tree and I’m not on Santa’s route (and my winter holiday has already come and gone), I’ll stick with books and bookish items that I’d love to get as gifts — any time at all!
For the most part, my list consists of books and related things that I’d love to receive, but for whatever reason — high price, feeling like too big an indulgence, a “nice to have” but not really a necessity — I just most likely wouldn’t buy these for myself. (Ahem, secret gift givers — are you paying attention??)
1) The new illustrated Harry Potter: This looks absolutely gorgeous! Next time I find myself with a giftcard in my hands, this will be my treat to myself.
2) Also related to Harry Potter, I’d love to get the complete series as audiobooks:
3) This one has been on my “want” list for years: Firefly: A Celebration by Joss Whedon
Description: Titan’s three bestselling Firefly titles collected together at last, just in time for the 10th anniversary of Joss Whedon’s beloved series. This huge, 544 page full colour volume is simply one of the most lavish books ever produced for a TV show, and is presented in a foil-stamped leather-effect binding. Plus, as an exclusive bonus for this edition, a pocket at the back of the book contains 9 frameable photo prints of the cast, featuring rare and previously unseen images, and a facsimile of one of the prop banknotes used in the show.
4) This one too: Bone: Full Color One Volume Edition by Jeff Smith
Bone is one of my very favorite things ever. I love the artwork, the story, and the ridiculous stupid rat creatures. We have the 9 individual books, but I’m sure lusting after this all-in-one version. However… at about $100, this isn’t an edition I’m likely to buy unless I’m suddenly discovered by some long-lost wealthy relative… I can dream, can’t I?
5) The gorgeous hardcover collected edition of the first three volumes in the Saga series:
6) Sticking with graphic novels, I’d love to own my own set of the Alex + Ada trilogy, which I read this past year thanks to my public library:
7) I have a perfectly functional Kindle — but it’s one of the old-model keyboard Kindles, and I’m kind of itching for an upgrade (for no good reason, really, since it works just fine and I enjoy using it). Still, if I were to get a newer Kindle, I’d probably go for the Kindle Voyage, ‘cuz it just seems cool.
8) I love all the amazing book-related shirts, totebags, mugs, etc over at Out of Print:
9) I’d definitely love to receive pretty much any of the Collectible Edition books available from Barnes and Noble:
10) There are several memoirs and non-fiction books that I’ll probably borrow from the library eventually, but wouldn’t mind actually owning — among them:
What are you hoping to find under your tree, in your stocking, or in the UPS driver’s hands this year? Whatever you’re wishing for, I wish you good health, good friends, lots of laughter, and amazing reading!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following Bookshelf Fantasies! And don’t forget to check out our regular weekly features, Shelf Control and Thursday Quotables. Happy reading!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!