Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Top Ten Authors On My Auto-Buy List. Since I’m trying to curtail the buying — but not the reading — I’ve played with the theme just a teeny bit.
We actually did this TTT topic back in February 2013, and if you’re interested, you can check out my list here. When I look back at my 2013 auto-buy list, I have to say that I’d still include 100% of the authors I included back then! In an effort not to repeat myself, my list today is going to be an ADDITIONAL ten authors whose works I want to read, pretty much no matter what.
Without further ado — here are the ten authors whose inspire a “gimme, gimme” feeling in me:
- Patricia Briggs: Looking back at my 2013 list, I’m shocked that Patricia Briggs wasn’t on it yet. Perhaps I was still in the early stages of falling in love with her amazing urban fantasy worlds?
- Chris Bohjalian: I haven’t been let down yet, and I’m constantly impressed all over again by his ability to write in seemingly every genre. I still have several of his older books to catch up on, and I’m looking forward to it!
- Jojo Moyes: In the last couple of years, I’ve read 6 books by Jojo Moyes, and I’m planning to read many more.
- Deanna Raybourn: While I haven’t read the Lady Julia Grey series for which she’s so well-know, I have read and enjoyed two historical novels by this author, and plan to start her new Victorian mystery series in the next month or so.
- Lisa Genova: I thought Left Neglected was fascinating, and Inside the O’Briens was incredibly powerful. I still need to read Still Alice, and I’m sure wherever this author goes next will be equally interesting.
- Miranda Kenneally: Gotta admit, I’ve really loved each of the three YA novels I’ve read so far by Miranda Kenneally. I still have to read her earliest three, but this is an author I intend to keep following.
- Rainbow Rowell: I’ve loved all four of her books so far. More please!
- Nicole Peeler: Her Jane True series totally rocked! I really liked the first book in her Jinn & Juice series too, and hope there are more on the way.
- Joe Hill: He regularly scares the bejeezus out of me, but I love him anyway. I’ll read anything he writes.
- Bill Willingham: After the masterpiece that is Fables, I’m willing to bet that whatever comes next will be smashing.
Do we have any auto-buy/auto-read authors in common? Share your links, please, and I’ll come check out your top 10!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following Bookshelf Fantasies! And don’t forget to check out my regular weekly feature, Thursday Quotables. Happy reading!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I host a Book Blog Meme Directory, and I’m always looking for new additions! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!