Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Top Ten Characters You’d Like To Check In With (meaning, the book or series is over and you so just wish you could peek in on the “life” you imagine they are leading years down the line after the story ends).
Which characters would I most like to catch up with, see how they’re doing, maybe find out if that Happily-Ever-After really worked out for them in the end? Read on to find out!
[Note: There may be minor spoilers, because how can you talk about what happened after “The End” without referencing the ending?]
1) Jamie and Claire Fraser, Outlander series: Kind of obvious, since this is where my head is right now. This is the only book/series on my list this week that’s still ongoing… but I’m including Jamie and Claire because it’s been 10 months since the last book came out and I’m dying to know what they’ve been up to since then!
2) Edward and Bella, Twilight series: I’d love to know how a never-ending and never-changing life (with no sleep!) is working out for these two. Is Bella still glad she gave up human life for Edward? Did that little scamp Renesmee grow up and get with Jacob? How’s Edward handling having Jacob as a son-in-law?
3) EVERYONE from the Harry Potter series: I love them all so much. I know J. K. Rowling has released information on how their lives all turned out, but I’d love to visit them all again. I want to see grown-up Harry at home with Ginny, maybe having Ron and Hermione over for Sunday brunch. Is anyone living at the Burrow? How’s Molly Weasley doing? What about Teddy Lupin?
4) Nick and Amy Dunne, Gone Girl: Not a happily ever after by a long shot, and not at all likeable people. I’d love to know, though, how the rest of their lives turned out. Terrifying and awful, I’m sure. What about the baby? Any chance that the kid didn’t grow up to be a psychopath?
5) Eleanor and Park (Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell): I just hope these two managed to reconnect and find happiness, and most of all, I hope that Eleanor finally got a chance at a safe and happy life.
6) Clare and Alba DeTamble, The Time Traveler’s Wife: [SPOILER] I’d love to know that Clare had a good life after Henry’s death, and hope that she found love again. And I’d also love to know how things worked out for Alba, and whether her time traveling was easier, based on all the work and research Henry did.
7) Emilio Sandoz, The Sparrow and Children of Men: After all of the trauma, I hope that Emilio finally found peace and a measure of solace when all of his space travel ended. I’m envisioning him growing old, surrounded by grandchildren, loved and adored. Wouldn’t that be lovely?
8) Tavi and Kitai, Codex Alera series: It certainly seemed as though these two (and others) got the happy ending they deserved, but I imagine that they still have a long life ahead of them as rulers of Alera… and I’m guessing there are still plenty of adventures yet to come.
9) Jane True and Anyan Barghest, Jane True series: I have no doubt that these two are having a marvelous happily-ever-after, but they’re just so much fun to hang out with that I’d like the chance to visit with them again.
10) Matthew and Diana, All Soul’s trilogy: I have no problem with how the trilogy ended, but I enjoyed all of the characters so much that I’d like more of them! I want to know about Matthew and Diana’s children, as well as the rest of the big, extended family. Oh, and let’s not forget Gallowglass!
What characters are on your list this week?
Share your links, and I’ll come check out your top 10!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following Bookshelf Fantasies! And don’t forget to check out my regular weekly feature, Thursday Quotables. Happy reading!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!