Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Top Ten Bookish Things (That Aren’t Books) That I’d Like To Own. Book goodies? Oh, be still, my little book-obsessed heart!
Here’s what I’m lusting after the most:
1) A new book light: Probably the least expensive item on my list. I have a clip-on book light that I’ve had for years, and I think it’s time to upgrade to something sleeker and less clunky. Maybe something like this:
2) I love cool/different/attractive bookends (although, speaking realistically, I have very little need for bookends because my bookshelves are all full to overflowing). Still, if I were going to buy bookends, here are a few I’d probably consider:
3) Bookmarks: As in, I can never have enough. I don’t particularly care for fancy bookmarks with gems, beads, or dangly bits. But some of my favorite things to collect when I travel are plain old paper bookmarks from the different places I visit… and since I love to travel, I hope I’ll have lots and lots more to add to my collection, like these:
4) A new e-reader, perhaps? I have an older Kindle which works just fine, plus I can use the Kindle app on my IPad. I prefer my old Kindle over the IPad, as I don’t like reading on back-lit screens. Still, I’m a little teensy bit tempted by the Kindle Paperwhite. Has anyone tried one of these? What do you think?
5) Bookish T-shirts! Because booklovers need to proclaim their bookish ways with pride! I love the entire collection over at Out of Print, especially these:
(Images from the Out of Print website; and really, I love every single shirt and design on their site!)
6) A custom print from Ideal Bookshelf: I love just about everything these amazingly creative folks have to offer, and I’m crazy about the My Ideal Bookshelf book. I’m so tempted to buy myself framed prints or notecards or bookmarks… but if I were ever to truly splurge, I think a custom design would be the way to go!
Here’s their fantasy shelf print, as an example:
7) Now we’re really getting into my daydream realm… but if we’re talking bookish delights, then I’d like a reading nook something like this:
8) … or a cozy hammock on a beach:
9) A big comfy armchair would be nice…
10) … or my ultimate fantasy space for reading, a room full of pillows!
… which I think I’ve wanted ever since reading Dr. Seuss’s I Had Trouble In Getting to Solla Sollew
What are your bookish desires? Share your links, and I’ll come check out your top 10!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following Bookshelf Fantasies! And don’t forget to check out our regular weekly features, Thursday Quotables and Flashback Friday. Happy reading!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!