Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Top Ten Sequels I Can’t Wait To Get My Hands On. Wow, there are so many sequels that I’m just dying for! The hard part will be sticking with just 10. Here goes:
1) First and foremost, the book I’m most eager to grab and immediately gobble up: Written in My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon. It’s not exactly a secret that I’m a fan of the Outlander series :), and I’m practically frothing at the mouth waiting for book #8 to be released in March. Meanwhile, I’ll be starting a chapter-a-day re-read of book #7, An Echo in the Bone, in December, along with the amazing Outlander Book Club. More details to follow!
2) By Blood We Live by Glen Duncan: Can’t wait for the final book in the Last Werewolf trilogy! Due February 2014.
3) Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray: Sequel to the scrumptious The Diviners! Release date August 2014.
4) The Winds of Winter by George R. R. Martin: I found this cover image online, but I have no idea if it’s official. No publication date yet, so it may be years before we get to find out what happens next in A Song of Ice and Fire.
5) The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness. At last, there’s a release date for the final book in the All Soul’s Trilogy! No cover art yet, but at least we know that we only have to wait until July 2014 to find out what’s happened to Matthew and Diana!
6) The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey. I loved The 5th Wave; can’t wait for #2, due out in May.
7) Locke & Key, volume 6: Omega & Alpha by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez. The final volume in the amazing (and super creepy) Locke & Key graphic novel series. To be published February 2014.
8) Sunrise by Mike Mullin. The conclusion to the Ashfall trilogy will be released in April 2014.
9) Epitaph by Mary Doria Russell. Sadly, we’ll have to wait until 2015 for the sequel to MDR’s outstanding Doc.
10) Night Broken by Patricia Briggs. I just love the Mercy Thompson books, and hope the series continues for a long, long time. Book #8 will be released in March 2014.
There are a few more I can think of, but I’ll save those for another week’s Top 10! What sequels are you just dying to read?
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following Bookshelf Fantasies! And don’t forget to check out our regular weekly features, Thursday Quotables and Flashback Friday. Happy reading!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!