Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Books I’d Slay a Lion to Get Early — which, okay, I don’t think I’d actually slay a lion… but would I sell my firstborn to get my hands on these books? Well, no, not that either. But I’d be really, really appreciative if these books fell into my hands — does that count?
So here are the books I’d be most likely to make grabby hands at, with much squeeing and a little bit of jumping up and down:
Without doubt, the #1 book I’d sell my soul for is…
Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone by Diana Gabaldon – book #9 in the amazing and wonderful Outlander series. According to Herself, 2019 is the soonest we can expect this book. Considering that the previous book in the series was published in 2014, is it any wonder that devoted fans worldwide are working themselves into a frenzy waiting and waiting and waiting? Gimme now, please.
Beyond that, I’d love, love, love to magically get early copies of:
2. The Winds of Winter by George R. R. Martin: Well, wouldn’t we all? Who know when this baby will be ready… maybe not until after the TV series wraps up? And if that’s the case, will we still want to read it? (Well, duh. Of course we will.)
3. Time’s Convert by Deborah Harkness: Look, a book with an actual release date! This book continues the story of the All Souls Trilogy, and will be released in the fall. Can’t wait!
4. Night and Silence by Seanan McGuire: The 12th October Daye book, due out in September. After bingeing the entire series over the last two months, I’m dying for more!!
5. Storm Cursed by Patricia Briggs: The 11th Mercy Thompson book! Man, do I love this series. Can’t wait for more Mercy… but sadly, wait I must. Storm Cursed will be released in March 2019.
6. Peace Talks by Jim Butcher: The 16th Dresden Files book. Yes, I’m on a roll with my urban fantasy series. Can’t help it — they’re all so good! No release date yet for this book, so we can only wait and hope that it will be soon.
7. The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden: The 3rd book in the Winternight trilogy will be released in August. I loved the first two books so much — dying to see how the story wraps up!
8. Competence by Gail Carriger: The next book in the Custard Protocol series comes out this summer, and I have it on preorder already… but would I be happy to have it in front of me right now? Of course!
And that’s where I’ll stop! Sure, I have plenty of other books I’m looking forward to, but these are the one I’m most passionate about… the one that might get me to reveal ancient family secrets, or pledge eternal servitude, or at the very least, promise to do all the chores, all year long if only I could get my hands on them!
What books are on your list this week? Please share your link!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!