Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week is a freebie topic, which means that everyone participating comes up with their own top 10 theme.
I had a hectic weekend and a busy Monday, and have had pretty much zero time to put any thought into this… so I thought I’d share 10 things on my entertainment horizon that I’m excited about.
On TV, I’m excited for the new seasons of:
1. The Americans: I’m SO sad this is ending, but it’s been a great run. Season 6 is off to a tense start. I’m so worried about the characters — who will make it out alive?
2. The Expanse: Season 3 has just started. This sci-fi show is political and full of amazing effects and characters. Not surprisingly, it’s adapted from a terrific book series, and is really worth catching up on, if you haven’t watched it yet.
3. The Handmaid’s Tale: I can’t wait to see where season 2 goes, now that the plot will be venturing beyond the story told in the book.
In the world of theater, I’ll be seeing:
4. The Color Purple — the national touring company is coming to San Francisco, and I have tickets for May.
5. HARRY POTTER ON BROADWAY! I’ll be seeing Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in June.
In books, I’m looking forward to:
6. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi, which everyone seems to be talking about! There’s a long waiting list at my library, but that’s okay. I can wait — it’s not like I have nothing else to read!
7. The Murderbot books! I just read the first one, All Systems Red, this past weekend, and I’m thrilled that there are three more to come. Volume 2, Artificial Condition, comes out in May.
8. How to Marry a Werewolf by Gail Carriger: New Gail Carriger works are always welcome! This novella focuses on Major Channing, and looks like it’ll be a hoot.
In movies, I can’t wait to see:
9. Avengers: Infinity War: Part of me feels like this is so likely to be a big mess of a movie… but the fangirl-y part of me absolutely plans to go see it anyway.
And when it comes to travels and adventure:
10. My daughter and I are taking a surprise trip in early May! The surprise isn’t that we’re going… it’s that we have no idea where we’ll end up! We’re going through a company that takes the travelers’ information, gathers a bit of information about travel preferences and budget, and then lets us know basically the day of departure where we’re heading. Crazy, right? We can end up anywhere in the continental US. Wherever we go, I get to spend a weekend exploring some new destination with my wonderful, amazing daughter, and I’m sure it’ll be a blast. I’ll report back when it’s done!
And that’s my somewhat random top 10 for this week!
Did you write a TTT post? Please share your links!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!