Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings… but since I don’t get visits from Santa, I thought I’d make my post title a little more relevant to my life.
Tuesday is the last night of Hanukkah this year. Where did the holiday go? My TTT list this week isn’t really a practical wish list — it’s more about the luxury bookish things that I’d probably never buy myself, but would 100% be happy to have if the little Hanukkah fairies felt like dropping them off. (And yes, some of these are repeats from last year. A reader can dream, can’t she?)
1. Slayers & Vampires: The Complete Uncensored, Unauthorized Oral History of Buffy and Angel by Edward Gross and Mark A. Altman: There is ALWAYS room on my shelf for another Buffy book.
2. The illustrated edition of Game of Thrones: Because having beat-up paperback editions on my shelf just isn’t enough. The book looks gorgeous.
3. The Outlander Kitchen: This is funny if you know me, because I absolutely DO NOT COOK. I’m sure my husband would be rolling on the floor laughing hysterically right now if he knew I put a cookbook on my wishlist. But look! It’s Outlander, and it’s so pretty!
4. Any of all of these new Penguin hardcover editions of classic sci fi novels. Don’t these look amazing?
5. Have you seen the Harry Potter collection from Pendleton? Gorgeous… not that I would ever spend this kind of money on a fangirl blanket. But SO gorgeous.
6. I think it might be fun to have a Monopoly set from one of my favorite fandoms:
7. A gorgeous leather-bound edition of a favorite book (oh, say Outlander, for example) from Easton Press.
8. I’d love to find a coffee table book of Moby Dick, with beautiful illustrations and complete annotations of the text. I haven’t actually seen one (although I haven’t looked at that hard either), but that’s what I want.
9 and beyond: There are really tons of books I’d love to own, but will probably end up borrowing from the library:.
Whatever you’ll be celebrating this holiday season, may the bookish gift fairies be very kind to you!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!