Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is a Back To School Freebie — which got me thinking about which fictional schools I’d really want to attend.
1) Hogwarts. Obviously.
2) Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. Because who wouldn’t want to live in a time loop and have secret powers?
3) Mademoiselle Geraldine’s Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality, from Gail Carriger’s silly and delightful Finishing School series. A school that’s a dirigible floating over the English countryside? Yes, please. Especially if they’ll teach me the deadly art of wielding a bladed fan.
4) Spence Finishing School. Well, I’m only on the 1st book of the Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray, but I like the witchiness lurking beneath the surface, even if certain snobby mean girls would just drive me bonkers.
5) Brakebills, from The Magicians. It’s like Hogwarts, but a lot naughtier. I want to hang out with the Physical Kids and play welters.
6) Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children. I guess if I did go to a magical land and then get kicked out, I’d rather lick my wounds at Eleanor West’s Home than anywhere else. (And keep looking for my secret door the whole time, of course.)
7) Watford School of Magicks — because I pretty much love Simon Snow and would want to just go and hang out with him.
8) The Academy from Codex Alera. Because I want to learn to be a Cursor!
9) Oomza Uni from Binti. Granted, I’d have to lick the whole traveling through space to another planet issue, but other than that, it sounds great!
10) Galileo Academy from Martians Abroad by Carrie Vaughn. The school may be located on Earth, but wouldn’t it be awesome to have Martian classmates?
Happy Back to School! Please share your TTT link and I’ll drop by for a visit.
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!
22 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Where do I enroll? Ten fictional schools I want to attend!”
Ooh, good list. I would like to enroll in the School for Unusual Girls from Kathleen Baldwin’s series.
I’m not familiar with that one. *heading off to Google it* Thanks for the recommendation!
oh yes!!! watford, definitely! 🤗
I wouldn’t mind hanging out with Baz for a while…
i wouldn’t mind either 😍😍❤️
As much as I love Miss Peregrin’s, I think I would get too bored if I lived in a time loop.
Yeah, I could see that — but traveling between loops could be all sorts of awesome.
That is true. To see the other moments frozen in time like that would be so wonderful.
Yes to Hogwarts! And a double yes to Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children! I loved that book so much.
Here is our TTT.
Oh, I love the Wayward Children books so much too! Have you read the 2nd one yet? I feel like I want to live inside those books.
I love the idea you chose to follow for this week’s prompt (and also, great choice on going to the Academy, because who freakin’ wouldn’t want to do that?!).
Thanks! Ah, the Academy — I need to reread that series sometime soon!
I do, as well. Especially considering I actually never read the last book…oops. 😛
I would ABSOLUTELY attend Hogwarts if I could. The first thing on my agenda would definitely be accio so I could find anything I lost!! You would definitely meet so many amazing people at Eleanor West’s house.
Ha ha, Accio would come in super handy! Also, alohamora so I could sneak into all those places that I”m not supposed to be. 🙂
Lol! YES now I can explore ALL the places and no worry about having a key. Roofs of buildings here I come!
I adore your topic choice! I have to agree on the top three but haven’t read the others. Especially Mademoiselle Geraldine’s Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality. I never had much of an appreciation for typically girly things until I read that series.
I was surprised by how much I ended up loving the Finishing School series! I love that it’s supposed to be a finishing school, but that they teach such subversive subjects.
No, not yet! I’m waiting for it to become available at the library. Soon, I hope!
I definitely want to go to Hogwarts!
My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/22/top-ten-tuesday-121/
Great picks this week! I bet Hogwarts would top just about everyone’s list! 😀