Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is a Back To School Freebie — which got me thinking about which fictional schools I’d really want to attend.
1) Hogwarts. Obviously.
2) Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. Because who wouldn’t want to live in a time loop and have secret powers?
3) Mademoiselle Geraldine’s Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality, from Gail Carriger’s silly and delightful Finishing School series. A school that’s a dirigible floating over the English countryside? Yes, please. Especially if they’ll teach me the deadly art of wielding a bladed fan.
4) Spence Finishing School. Well, I’m only on the 1st book of the Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray, but I like the witchiness lurking beneath the surface, even if certain snobby mean girls would just drive me bonkers.
5) Brakebills, from The Magicians. It’s like Hogwarts, but a lot naughtier. I want to hang out with the Physical Kids and play welters.
6) Eleanor West’s Home for Wayward Children. I guess if I did go to a magical land and then get kicked out, I’d rather lick my wounds at Eleanor West’s Home than anywhere else. (And keep looking for my secret door the whole time, of course.)
7) Watford School of Magicks — because I pretty much love Simon Snow and would want to just go and hang out with him.
8) The Academy from Codex Alera. Because I want to learn to be a Cursor!
9) Oomza Uni from Binti. Granted, I’d have to lick the whole traveling through space to another planet issue, but other than that, it sounds great!
10) Galileo Academy from Martians Abroad by Carrie Vaughn. The school may be located on Earth, but wouldn’t it be awesome to have Martian classmates?
Happy Back to School! Please share your TTT link and I’ll drop by for a visit.
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!