Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Top Ten Resolutions for 2016.
I don’t generally go for formal resolutions, but here are a handful that I’ve come up with that relate to my reading life. Will I stick with them? Time will tell.
1) I resolve to concentrate on reading the books I already own.
2) I resolve to ease my guilty conscience by finally catching up on my NetGalley books from last year.
3) I resolve to read all the books I urgently needed in 2015, which I bought as soon as they came out and then left sitting on my shelf.
4) I resolve to resist the urge to participate in challenges or any other sort of activity that tells me what or when or how much to read.
5) I resolve to (attempt to) read series as a whole — all books in a row — rather than reading them as they come out and then forgetting all the details in between volumes.
6) I resolve to attach my backlog of graphic novels. Buffy, I’m looking at you!
7) I resolve to branch out just a wee bit when picking books from the library, sampling genres and subject matter that I might not normally read.
8) I resolved to continue my recent trend of Reading On a Whim! (Stated in bold upper case, because I want to hammer it into my own head…) My best and most enjoyable reading happens when it’s unscheduled, not glued to a calendar, but driven purely by whatever strikes my mood when I’m looking for the next book. It doesn’t always work that way, but it’s certainly the reading pattern I want to strive for.
9) And in non-bookish resolutions… I need to exercise more, explore my city more, and make more of an effort to play and relax.
That’s what I’m aiming for in 2016!
What are your bookish (and non-bookish) resolutions for 2016? Please share your links!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following Bookshelf Fantasies! And don’t forget to check out our regular weekly features, Shelf Control and Thursday Quotables. Happy reading!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!