As a certain purple dinosaur used to sing:
Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere! Clean up, clean up, everybody do your share…
The Book Blog Meme Directory has been up and running for almost two years now, and while I’ve done updates here and there, whenever someone sends me a change, I haven’t yet done a total top-to-bottom spring cleaning of the entire page.
So, I’m getting to it.
Over the next week or so, I’ll be going through the whole page and testing each link to see if (1) the link is still active and (2) the meme is still up and running. I know some may have been discontinued, may have been rebranded, or may have been picked up by a new host.
For memes that appear to be inactive, I’ll dig around and see if it’s just moved or changed somehow — but if not, those listings will be archived. If I come across any that need updating, then I’ll be sure to do that. And of course, for the ones that are still going strong, no changes needed!
Can you help? If you know for a fact that a meme has changed, moved, or been discontinued, please let me know! As always, new entries are always welcome. The easiest way for me to keep track of new memes to be added is if you send me the info via my Contact page, but feel free to reach out any way that’s convenient to provide your information.
Thank you so much for your support and encouragement!
For those who haven’t seen my earlier posts about the directory and want to know more, read on! The following information was originally posted earlier this year, and it gives an overview of what the Book Blog Meme Directory is all about.
Do you host a meme? Do you have a favorite meme that you participate in? Do you know of a great meme I should check out? I’m always looking for new additions!
Any additions should:
- Fit the loose description of a meme that I provided in my initial Directory post:
So, for purposes of this Directory, let’s include any regular ongoing features that encourage bloggers to join in, participate by writing their own posts, link back from their own blogs, and visit other participants’ blogs as well.
- Have something to do with books, book blogging, or reading.
- Must be up and running (so please don’t ask me to add a meme that you’re planning for the future; let’s add it once it’s “live”).
Frequently asked question: Is my feature a meme? Quick test: Is this a weekly theme that you – and only you – use for your own weekly postings, specific to your own blog? Sounds like a feature. Is this something you host and invite others to participate in by posting on their own blogs and linking back to yours? Sounds like a meme.
To add a meme to the Directory, the simplest thing to do is to submit your information (whether you’re a meme host or participant) through my Contact page. I’ll confirm back to you once the Directory has been updated.
I only ask two things of folks whose memes I add:
1) Keep it up to date! If you change domains, change the details of your meme, add a new graphic, switch hosts or days of the week, etc — just let me know! I want to make sure the info in the Directory is current, and make sure that people who want to play along can find you!
2) If your meme is listed, would you be so kind as to say so on your blog? I’d really appreciate it if you’d either post my Directory button (available at the bottom of the Book Blog Meme Directory page) or post a link so your readers can find the Directory. Many thanks to you!
I hope you’ve all been finding the Book Blog Meme Directory helpful! Thank you to all who have shared information up to now. It’s great fun to hear about so many interesting, unusual, and quirky ways for book lovers to interact — let’s keep it growing!