With this very post… I have now published 1,000 posts on my blog!
I can hardly believe it.
Less than 3 years ago, I launched Bookshelf Fantasies with only the vaguest idea of what blogging was all about. Here I am, one thousand posts later — older for sure, smarter I can only hope, and still going strong!
I’ve had such fun figuring out how to do this thing! Along the way, I’ve met great people, had amazing conversations, and shared a love of books that unites those special people — the true bookworms — wherever in the world they may be found.
My one thousand posts, by the numbers, include:
- 285 book reviews
- 100 Thursday Quotables posts (my very own little meme — come join me on Thursdays!)
- 100 Top Ten Tuesday posts (I had no idea that this week’s TTT post was my 100th!)
Just to check in on my pet obsessions:
- Outlander has been mentioned in 131 posts (Really? That’s all? I would have guessed a lot more!)
- Harry Potter? Appears in 60 posts.
- I’ve mentioned The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell in 29 posts.
- Stephen King appears in 81 posts.
As of today, my Book Blog Meme Directory has been viewed 11,380 times! Wow, that makes me happy! I guess that means that people find it useful… and I think that’s just awesome.
1,000 posts since day one, and I’m still having so much fun! Thank you so much to all of you wonderful people who take the time to stop by, check in, say hi, and share your thoughts. Your comments and insights mean more to me than I can say, and I feel like I’ve made some amazing new friends thanks to the incredible world of book blogging.
So, here’s a quick little thank you — how does a giveaway grab you?
I can’t give away $1,000. Sorry! But I think I can manage 1,000 pennies! And since I’m enjoying celebrating so much, I’ll do it twice. Enter here to win one of two $10 gift cards for Amazon or Book Depository:
And one more time:
I appreciate all of the encouragement, laughter, and support!
Onward we go… to the next 1,000 posts!