Welcome back to Thursday Quotables! This weekly feature is the place to highlight a great quote, line, or passage discovered during your reading each week. Whether it’s something funny, startling, gut-wrenching, or just really beautifully written, Thursday Quotables is where my favorite lines of the week will be, and you’re invited to join in!
I’m actually traveling on the day of my Thursday Quotable #20, so I’m writing this week’s post a week in advance. Instead of picking a quote from my current reading, I’ll highlight a favorite of mine instead:
This week’s Thursday Quotable:
Ye are Blood of my Blood, and bone of my Bone.
I give ye my Body, that we Two might be One.
I give ye my Spirit, ’til our Life shall be Done.
Author: Diana Gabaldon
Random House, 1991
What lines made you laugh, cry, or gasp this week? Do tell!
If you’d like to participate, it’s really simple:
- Follow Bookshelf Fantasies, if you please!
- Write a Thursday Quotables post on your blog. Try to pick something from whatever you’re reading now.
- Comment on this post with the link to your own Thursday Quotables post.
- Make sure to include a link back to Bookshelf Fantasies in your post (http://www.bookshelffantasies.com).
- Or… have a quote to share but not a blog post? Leave your quote in the comments!
- Have fun!