My little vacation last week was lovely (but too short). Sun, sand, good books! Some strawberry tiramisu too. What more could I ask for?
What did I read during the last week?
My vacation reading (all reviewed here):
- Pride, Prejudice and Other Flavors by Sonali Dev
- We Are All Completely Fine by Daryl Gregory
- I Hate Everyone But You by Gaby Dunn and Allison Raskin
And since returning home, I’ve also read:
Ellie and the Harpmaker by Hazel Prior: A sweet, engaging debut novel. My review is here.
Oof. I bought myself a copy of Wanderers by Chuck Wendig. This book is BIG. I need to steel myself a bit before diving in.
What will I be reading during the coming week?
Currently in my hands:
Unholy Land by Lavie Tidhar: Israeli science fiction revolving around alternate realities. Really mind-bending! I’ve read about 75% — can’t wait to see how it all works out.
Now playing via audiobook:
Anne of Ingleside by L. M. Montgomery: The 6th Anne book! Loving the series, although I’m not sure that I love the shift of focus from Anne herself to her big brood of children. Still, carrying on…
Two ongoing book group read right now:
- The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens — our current classic selection, reading and discussing two chapters per week.
- Virgins by Diana Gabaldon: Our newest group read — a novella telling the story of teen-aged Jamie and Ian during their time as mercenaries in France. I’ve read it before, but I”m excited to be sharing it with the group this time around.
So many books, so little time…