Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week. This week’s topic is Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon. I’m not a very swoon-y person, but I’ll do my best! Here are books that I find utterly romantic or swoon-worthy — and in most cases, the swoon-worthy couple at the heart of it all.
1) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
♥ Jamie & Claire ♥
photo via Starz (http://www.starz.com/originals/outlander)
2) The Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger
♥ Alexia & Conall ♥
3) Jane True series by Nicole Peeler
♥ Jane & *insert name of either of two love interests here* ♥
4) Mariana by Susanna Kearsley
♥ too complicated to name names… ♥
5) The River of No Return by Bee Ridgway
♥ Nick & Julia ♥
6) Eagle in the Sky by Wilbur Smith
♥ Debra & David ♥
7) Fables by Bill Willingham
♥ Snow White & Bigby Wolf ♥
8) Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
♥ Scarlett & Rhett ♥
9) Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
♥ Sayuri & the Chairman ♥
10) The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
♥ Henry & Clare ♥
I decided to stick with love stories about adults this week, so no YA titles are included. (I do, however, have some supernatural beings… and I just never do manage to write a top 10 list that doesn’t include time travelers.)
What books do you consider swoon-worthy? Share your links in the comments!
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following Bookshelf Fantasies! And don’t forget to check out our regular weekly features, Thursday Quotables and Flashback Friday. Happy reading!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!