Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, featuring a different top 10 theme each week.
This week’s theme is Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR List. My to-be-read list is out of control right now. I keep buying books, and I keep requesting ARCs, and then they all just sit there, practically mocking me, clamoring to be read RIGHT NOW! Sigh. Narrowing it down to just ten is hard, but here are the top 10 books that I swear — really, I swear! — I’m going to make time for this fall:
1) Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
2) Shadows by Robin McKinley
3) The Abominable by Dan Simmons
4) Just One Year by Gayle Forman
5) Dangerous Women edited by George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois (includes “Virgins”, a new novella by Diana Gabaldon)
Books that I own, but still need to read:
6) The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
7) Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick
8) The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley
9) Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
10) Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
This is just the tip of the iceberg… and I’m conveniently ignoring all the Kindle books that I haven’t started yet. So many books, so little time…
Do we have any TBR books in common? What are you dying to read this fall?
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following Bookshelf Fantasies! And don’t forget to check out our regular weekly features, Thursday Quotables and Flashback Friday. Happy reading!
Do you host a book blog meme? Do you participate in a meme that you really, really love? I’m building a Book Blog Meme Directory, and need your help! If you know of a great meme to include — or if you host one yourself — please drop me a note on my Contact page and I’ll be sure to add your info!